Technical level : Basic
Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system events that might prevent Windows from starting. Scans your computer for the error and tries to fix it so your computer can start correctly. One of the recovery tools listed in the System Troubleshooting menu. This set of tools is found on your computer’s hard disc and on the Windows installation disc.
In Windows 10, there are two basic ways to access this tool, either through your hard disk or through the Windows installation media.
From WinRE (Recovery Environment) on your computer’s hard disk. To access the Recovery Environment from the Windows 10 system image, you must force the shutdown of the operating system 3 times before or during this phase.
You will see the Recovery screen.
- Click Startup Repair.
- Choose your current user account, if you’re prompted for a password, enter your password and click Continue.
If your computer cannot access the Recovery Environment (WinRE) from the system image on the hard disk, it is necessary to access it via installation media. To do this, you must download and create your own installation media. Follow these instructions.
- Download and make your Windows 10 installation media
- Start your PC from DVD or USB (depending on the medium you have chosen)
- Choose Language and keyboard layout
- Choose “Repair the equipment”.
- Click Advanced,
- Startup Repair.
- Choose your ‘Windows 10‘ operating system.