Find the Windows installation date
To find out the age of a computer that has never been reinstalled or when the PC was last formatted, it is interesting to Find the Windows installation date
There are (paid) programs to give this information but a simple command will give the same information.
This tutorial works in all versions of Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8, 10 and Server.
Knowing the Windows installation date
- Open a command prompt (cmd.exe).
- Type the command:
systeminfo | find “installation”
Find the date of installation of Windows 2
In this example, Windows was installed on February 17, 2014.
Note: This command is an extract from “systeminfo” which provides a long list of system information.
- Some tricks for the Windows 10 taskbar that will do wonders for your productivity
- The best deals on software and computing at Amazon Prime Day 2020
- What is a firewall and how does it work
- They discover that Internet traffic on WSL2 circumvents the rules of the Windows 10 firewall
- Expansion cards for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are fleetingly available on the web